Why should I join ABATE? Why should I care?
You say you don’t have the time…
ABATE will demand no more of your time than you can give. Of course, we would enjoy seeing your face at the meetings where we can talk about the latest set of after-market pipes, or where the next poker run is, or which legislator just tried to introduce another law that will affect your riding freedom. We would enjoy seeing you participate, helping the organization grow and flourish.
I’m not very good with politics…
All we ask is that you vote. Which you probably do anyway. Otherwise why are you still reading this?
“I just want to ride”
ABATE members just want to ride too. We want to ride safely, without limiting devices forced upon us under the false label of safety. ABATE has many runs, rides and events that we participate in.
ABATE is about freedom:
- Freedom from excessive government control.
- Freedom from illogical and ignorant laws.
- Freedom from those who act against the wishes of the constituents.
ABATE is about education:
- Education before legislation for the politicians.
- Education for all riders by conducting 2 & 3 wheel training classes.
- Education for the safety of riders, coordinating efforts in a grass-roots organization, networking with ALL 2 & 3 wheeled riders.
- Educating the soccer moms and Joe Public, encouraging them to become more aware of motorcycles that they share the road with.
- Because you are a concerned biker, citizen, or parent.
- Because you want your voice to be heard in government.
- Because you’re mad as hell and you don’t want to take it anymore.
- Because you want to make a difference
- Because you care about the future of motorcycling!
ABATE sponsors many activities. We promote motorcycle safety and driver awareness. We have several programs to address the many facets of motorcycle riding. You will be a part of an active and exciting grassroots organization lobbying state and federal legislators to make your views on motorcycling known. We fight against unfair, discriminatory laws and practices affecting motorcyclists. Join with others in our organization to promote motorcycle safety and awareness in your community. No matter what you ride, you will be affected by laws that are passed, from unfair insurance issues to noise issues, and everything in between. We encourage motorcyclists to become legislatively active and have some fun while you are doing it! We would enjoy becoming your fellow-rider, activist, and friend.
New Members receive
- an ABATE patch upon joining and optional successive year pins when renewing
- voting rights at district meetings
- current email alerts on all motorcycle-related legislation
- education on effectiveness of representing your views on motorcycling issues
- $4000 Accidental Death/Dismemberment insurance free of charge
We are not all work and no play; we have many events that we sponsor. Poker runs, Coffee Runs, Track days, campouts and get-togethers are offered all year long. When you become a member of ABATE of Colorado, you are helping make a difference in the ongoing mission to protect our right to ride. You will have the personal satisfaction of joining your brothers and sisters in promoting the great sport of motorcycling.
You just might have fun!
So what are you waiting for? JOIN / RENEW!
*Please note: annual renewal pins are no longer sent automatically. If you wish to continue receiving the annual renewal pins, please make a note in the ‘instructions to seller’ field on the PayPal application.
THANK YOU TO OUR PERSONAL SPONSOR MEMBERS
Stump Haberstumpf and Val Amey
Torch and Sue Barr
Michael Cole and Becky Archuleta
Karl Long and Heidi Schultz
Dale “Bear” Meade
Duane and Bonnie Roller
Honorary Lifetime Membership
This membership cannot be purchased.
The purpose of the Honorary Life Membership Program is to recognize, for all time, extraordinary contributions by an ABATE of Colorado Member for promulgating the ABATE Mission, which is: to preserve freedom of the road and to unite motorcyclists in a brotherhood; to promote fair legislation, safety and rider education; and to provide a network for communication on issues affecting motorcyclists.
Benefits of Life Membership:
Honorary Life Members, in recognition of his/her extraordinary contributions, shall be issued a plaque and one Honorary Life Member patch. They shall be placed on an Honorary Life Membership list which may be published from time to time. His/her annual membership fee from the date of the award forward shall be waived.
A nominee for Life Membership must meet the following minimum criteria:
1. Be a current active Member of ABATE and have been a Member for at least the past ten years.
2. Be nominated by a current ABATE District Officer or ABATE Corporate Officer. (Any member may submit a nomination to any of his/her District Officers for submission to the Board.)
3. Have made one or more extraordinary contributions to ABATE.
4. Agree to allow ABATE to use their name and any information provided in the nominating letter (without compensation) for ABATE promotional materials.
An Honorary Life Membership nomination must be completed and signed by either a current District Officer or a current ABATE Corporate Officer. The nomination will include a minimum of the following:
1. Complete contact information for the nominee.
2. A general biography of the nominee.
3. A detailed narrative of the extraordinary contribution(s).
4. Submissions should be sent electronically to the State Coordinator at least ten days prior to the next scheduled Board meeting for distribution to the Board.
5. Nominee(s) will be voted on at the next scheduled Board meeting. If approved by a majority of the Board, nominee(s) will be included on the final slate of nominees for a vote at the November Board meeting. The nominee with the majority of the votes will be awarded a Honorary Life Membership.
Number of Persons Awarded Honorary Life Memberships:
While there are no specific limitations to the number of Honorary Life Memberships to be granted in any given year, the exclusive nature of the program is such that the award of more than one in any given year
would require unique circumstances in order to occur.
Current Honorary Life Members:
Senator Ben Nighthorse Campbell
Senator Lois Tochtrop
Volunteer of the Year Award
Any member (including past or present Board members) may be nominated for this award. This award is to reward the member that has taken that extra step in ABATE’s mission. The nominees must be someone that has spent many hours contributing to further ABATE goals in personal service, not monetary.
If you have a member in mind for this award, please send your nomination by email to State Coordinator . Please include the reasons why you think your nominee should be considered for the Volunteer of the Year Award.